TEXTS / CITIEs: from the 1970s to the present
A one-day seminar at the TVAD Research Group, University of Hertfordshire
Thursday January 23rd, 2014
Convened by Dr. Daniel Marques Sampaio and Mr. Michael Heilgemeir, University of Hertfordshire
- Analyses of representations (fictional, cartographic, theoretical) of urban spaces and of the ‘urban experience’;
- New media, Big Data, imaging technology, and daily life in contemporary cities;
- Ideal cities, utopias, dystopias, heterotopias;
- Political and economic ideologies and urban spaces;
- Arts in the city;
- Textual interventions in urban spaces (graffiti, advertising, etc.).
DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACTS: FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 13th, 2013
To submit a proposal for a 20-minute paper, please send an abstract of 300 words, five key words, contact details, affiliation (if any), and a short biographical note, to: Dr. Daniel Marques Sampaio firstname.lastname@example.org and Mr. Michael Heilgemeir email@example.com.